|2012 Mobile Commerce and Personalization Promotion Program Requirements|
The 2012 USPS Mobile Commerce Promotion is coming up shortly. A few things you need to do to prepare for this promotion/discount.
1. Register for the promotion starting May 1.
2. make sure the QR code takes the customer to a mobile optimized webpage that allows the recipient to purchase an advertised product.
3. Although not required, the USPS Program Office will review samples and scenarios to determine if program requirements have been met. We strongly suggest you take advantage of this to make sure you qualify for the discount.
Details of the USPS program can be found here:
A few key points are:
Program Registration: Participants must register on the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) via the Incentive Program service (gateway.usps.com) and agree to promotion terms at least 24 hours prior to presenting the first qualifying mailing and specify which permits and/or CRIDs will be participating in the promotion. As part of terms of participation, at the end of the promotion period, mailers agree to complete a survey on the Business Customer Gateway about their participation in the promotion.
The 2012 Mobile Commerce and Personalization Promotion provides business mailers with
an upfront two percent postage discount on Standard Mail® and First-Class Mail® letters,
flats and cards (presort and automation) that include a two-dimensional (2-D) barcode or
print/mobile technology that can be read or scanned by a mobile device. The technology
must directly lead the recipient to either:
1. A mobile optimized webpage that allows the recipient to purchase an advertised product
or service through a financial transaction on the mobile device. The entire purchase and
checkout experience must be mobile optimized.
2. A mobile optimized and personalized web page that is tailored to an individual recipient.
For each mail recipient, the web address and content of the web page must be unique.
PROGRAM OFFICE CONTACT INFORMATION
Further questions can be directed to the Program Office. Although not required, the
Program Office will review samples and scenarios to determine if program requirements
have been met.
Mail: US Postal Service
Attn: Mobile Barcode Promotion Program Office
475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, RM 5446
Washington, DC 20260-5446
Information and resources will also be posted online at: