|Details:||Major Purpose: The Assistant Buyer works with the Buyer and Associate Buyer to complete all necessary merchandising functions in sampling, selecting, sourcing and merchandising new product. He/she is responsible for ensuring merchandising information and details for new and pick up product is complete and accurate. He/she works with the buying team to meet department goals and objectives for multiple business channels.|
• Collaborate with Buyer and Associate Buyer to ensure all Merchandising production schedule deadlines are met.
• Initiate communication with suppliers to seek information for new products as Manager delegates.
• Follow up on product details.
• Interact with other departments to ensure product details are communicated and followed through.
• Responsible for ensuring samples are received & distributed on schedule.
• Ensure products in the Concept Room are kept organized and seasonally updated.
• Seek to improve daily processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
• Serve as the key point of contact for the department and category responsibilities when the Buyer or Associate Buyer is traveling or out of the office. This may include but is not limited to, product presentations, concept meetings, creative briefs, inter-departmental communication and meetings with vendors.
• Must be flexible in accepting assignments and direction, each of which can change to meet the needs of the business at any time.
• With guidance from the Buyer or Associate Buyer, learn to utilize marketing and merchandising reports and analysis to ensure appropriate product assortment to maximize profitability and sales.
• With guidance from the Buyer or Associate Buyer, work to continuously improve product offerings by understanding customer attitudes and buying preference through marketplace trends, analysis and customer sales information.
• Work with Buyer and Associate Buyer to collaborate with Product and Brand Research teams to ensure product placement that meets new product guidelines.
• Available to travel as needed.
|Qualifications:||• Attention to accuracy and detail with strong organizational skills and follow through. |
• Positive, team oriented attitude and manner.
• High energy level and a self-starter.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with vendors and all levels of internal staff with a high level of professionalism.
• Solid mathematical, logic and analytical skills.
• Analytical and creative in nature and skill level.
• Ability to prioritize work in multi-discipline environment
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
• 1-4 years experience in a Catalogue and/or Retail environment.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to Buyer or Associate Buyer.
|Employer:||The Vermont Country Store|
5650 Main Street
Manchester Center, VT 05255
|Website:||visit our website...|