|Details:||Reports to: Director of Communications|
Status: Full-time professional position
Location: Boston World Headquarters
If you’re a wordsmith who loves to write about travel and its educational rewards, this could be your dream job. We’re Road Scholar, the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults, and we’re looking to add a new creative mind to our writing team. Don’t think of us as a travel company. We’re more like a university of the world, offering educational adventures to adults in 150 countries.
Our ideal candidate is a lot like the Road Scholar writing style — creative, clever, authentic, pithy, interesting and quick to make someone smile. Whether you’re a seasoned copy pro or an MFA grad looking to make the world a better place, we’d love to meet you.
We’re located in our world headquarters building, in the heart of downtown Boston.
Your day-to-day includes …
• Writing snappy and interesting copy in nearly every medium imaginable: direct mail, email, web, video scripts, our own alumni magazine, fundraising appeals, Facebook and blogs.
• Working closely with the graphic designer or production artist to produce a perfect finished product.
• Brainstorming creative ways to spread our mission.
• An ethos of excellence.
• Rolling up your sleeves and bringing your best self.
• At least one bad pun.
|Qualifications:||Ideally, your background looks like this …|
• 3-5 years in a marketing or communications environment as a writer; or MFA graduate
• Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or related field
• Research, writing, editing and proofreading skills bordering on obsession
• Familiarity with marketing techniques, writing to a Baby Boomer audience and communications that support the Road Scholar brand
• Previous experience working within a creative environment, i.e., interacting synergistically with graphic designers, photographers, web developers, etc.
• Self-motivated; strong organizational skills; an ability to work on multiple projects within a project management system; accountability for efficient project movement
• A quick study; ability to adapt readily to a fast-paced work environment
• Creative thinker and team player with good diplomatic, problem-solving and common-sense skills
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. indefinitely without sponsorship
The description above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills required.
Please visit the Road Scholar website to apply.
|Website:||visit our website...|