|Details:||Bluestem Brands, Inc., a Top 100 Internet Retailer, is the parent to 15 fast-growing retail brands. We make it our mission to improve our customers’ lives by providing the merchandise and services they need with the flexibility of paying over time. Our smart, passionate, empowered employees drive our success, and we like rewarding people at the top of their game. Our leadership is responsive and supportive – we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team. |
A day in the life at Bluestem also includes casual dress, flexible work arrangements, a sweet employee discount and time off for giving back to our communities. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Buyer, Dress/Active/Outerwear to be located at our office in Middleton, Massachusetts. This position will work with the Appleseed’s and Tog brands. Appleseed’s has been serving women in the prime of their lives for over 60 years, offering high-quality apparel and modern updates to classic styles for women. The Tog Shop is an assortment of classic apparel for mature women who value style, quality and comfort. The Tog Shop offers notable fashions from brands such as Foxcroft, Alfred Dunner, Leon Levin, London Fog and more.
The Buyer will be responsible to select, develop, procure, and present product and material, and to ensure the profitability of product and material that meet the needs of the company and its customers, including domestic travel to select product.
What you’ll do:
• Select and procure product and strategies to meet the customer’s needs.
• Accountable for a categories P&L, revenue and gross margin.
• Negotiate price and terms of purchase to achieve financial goals.
• Shop the market and interpret trends that fit the customer’s lifestyle and objectives.
• Develop eCommerce strategy and work with the eCommerce team to implement.
• Ensure that the pages of the catalog contain clear and concise merchandise concepts.
• Develop assortment plans that support the department goals and key item focus.
• Work cross-functionally with the Creative, eCommerce and Marketing departments within the organization.
• Determine merchandise opportunities that turn into volume sales opportunities.
• Partner with the Design and Product Development team, Planning and Inventory Control and Technical on the development of assortment plans, order placement and fit of merchandise.
• Must be prepared to travel to assist in the sourcing and selection of product and material.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned based on business needs.
|Qualifications:||What you’ll need:|
• Minimum of three (3) years of buying experience
• Able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to select, procure and develop product based on target demographic.
• Demonstrated ability to run P&L of a category, pricing strategy, sales margin.
• Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
• Strong brand alignment understanding.
• Buyer must have high taste level and strong visual skills in brand edit, product creation and visual merchandising.
• Ability to work with other buyers to create and outfit varies looks.
• Must have significant knowledge of merchandising trends and their financial implications.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
|Comments:||All applicants can apply directly to www.Bluestem.com|
|Website:||visit our website...|