|Title:||Sweater and Knits Buyer|
|Details:||Bluestem Brands, Inc., a Top 100 Internet Retailer, is the parent to 15 fast-growing retail brands. We make it our mission to improve our customers’ lives by providing the merchandise and services they need with the flexibility of paying over time. Our smart, passionate, empowered employees drive our success, and we like rewarding people at the top of their game. Our leadership is responsive and supportive – we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team. |
A day in the life at Bluestem also includes casual dress, flexible work arrangements, a sweet employee discount and time off for giving back to our communities. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Sr. Sweater and Knits Buyer for Sahalie to be located at our office in Middleton, Massachusetts. We are a leader in high-performance fabrics, organically produced materials and sustainable product alternatives. We are an energetic mix of women’s and men’s apparel perfect for play, work, travel, or just hanging out.
What you’ll do:
• Select and procure product and strategies to meet the customer’s needs.
• Accountable for a categories P&L, revenue and gross margin.
• Negotiate price and terms of purchase to achieve financial goals.
• Shop the market and interpret trends that fit the customer’s lifestyle and objectives.
• Develop eCommerce strategy and work with the eCommerce team to implement.
• Ensure that the pages of the catalog contain clear and concise merchandise concepts.
• Develop assortment plans that support the department goals and key item focus.
• Create seasonal business plans that clearly state merchandising objectives for the next season in an actionable format.
• Work cross-functionally with the Creative, eCommerce and Marketing departments within the organization.
• Determine merchandise opportunities that turn into volume sales opportunities.
• Partner with the Design and Product Development team, Planning and Inventory Control and Technical on the development of assortment plans, order placement and fit of merchandise.
• Mentor Buyers and Assistant Buyers.
• Must be prepared to travel to assist in the sourcing and selection of product and material.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned based on business needs.
|Qualifications:||What you’ll need:|
• 3-5 years of buying experience.
• Strong Brand Alignment understanding.
• Buyer must have a high taste level and strong virtual skills, in brand edit, product creation and visual merchandising.
• Able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to select, procure and develop product based on target demographic.
• Demonstrated ability to run P&L of category, pricing strategy and sales margin.
• Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
• Must have significant knowledge of merchandising trends and their financial implications.
• Ability to work with other buyers to create and outfit varies looks.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
|Comments:||All applicants can apply directly to www.Bluestem.com|
|Website:||visit our website...|