|Details:||Job Description: DMM|
Bluestem Brands, Inc., a Top 100 Internet Retailer, is the parent to 15 fast-growing retail brands. We make it our mission to improve our customers’ lives by providing the merchandise and services they need with the flexibility of paying over time. Our smart, passionate, empowered employees drive our success, and we like rewarding people at the top of their game. Our leadership is responsive and supportive – we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
A day in the life at Bluestem also includes casual dress, flexible work arrangements, a sweet employee discount and time off for giving back to our communities. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Divisional Merchandising Manager, to be located at our office in Middleton, MA.
Responsible for overseeing the merchandising activities and buying staff, and delivering a well-planned merchandise assortment which will satisfy our customer, achieve our financial goals, and execute our company’s strategic objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development, selection and creative presentation of items for the Sahalie brand and our Footwear & Accessories division for all brands, with specific focus on the catalog and web channels, following established policies, procedures, practice, requirements and standards.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Directs merchandise selection process and reviews buyers’ assortment for balance and adherence to strategic and financial objectives.
• Develop and establish the annual and seasonal financial plans.
• Plan and review department and brand sales, margin, density, and SKU’s to maximize sales and profit and minimize risk
• Layout and manage approximately eight (8) different catalogs per year.
• Work with creative and catalog production on vision and tone for items and book.
• Collaborate with departments for product development, technical, quality control, inventory control, marketing, etc.
• Identify opportunities to utilize obsolete inventories.
• Oversees/participate in market visits.
• Assist and understand competitors’ strengths, weaknesses and strategies and react accordingly to ensure market leadership.
Essential Knowledge, Skills &Experience:
• Requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of buying/retail experience.
• Apparel and Footwear experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Arts, Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent knowledge of retail math calculations and formulas
|Qualifications:||Preferred Qualifications and Skills:|
• Experience as a Senior Buyer or Divisional Merchandise Manager
• Ability to understand target customer and business objectives and manage team and assortment to meet the requirements of both
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organization skills required.
• Able to grow and lead a team of Buyers.
• Excellent taste level - a plus when determining the best color/print/pattern/scale on an item that will fit the needs of our customers.
• Creativity - when creating outfits from various items - when compiling spreads with compatible products, etc.
• Sense of urgency - to be on top of deliverables that are required for meetings, products, etc.
• Work effectively/productively with upper-management
• Ability to prioritize and delegate
• Must be organized and self-motivated
|Comments:||All applicants can apply directly to www.Bluestem.com|
|Website:||visit our website...|