|Details:||Job Description: Graphic Designer|
Bluestem Brands, Inc., a Top 100 Internet Retailer, is the parent to 15 fast-growing retail brands. We make it our mission to improve our customers’ lives by providing the merchandise and services they need with the flexibility of paying over time. Our smart, passionate, empowered employees drive our success, and we like rewarding people at the top of their game. Our leadership is responsive and supportive – we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
A day in the life at Bluestem also includes casual dress, flexible work arrangements, a sweet employee discount and time off for giving back to our communities. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic Graphic Designer with Web/Email experience for Appleseed’s, to be located at our office in Middleton, Massachusetts. Appleseed’s has been serving women in the prime of their lives for over 60 years, offering high-quality apparel and modern updates to classic styles for women.
The Graphic Designer will work as a design leader within our creative department. The designer will create concepts and designs that are inventive, visually appealing, and effective at translating verbal messages. Design concepts will be applied to homepages, landing pages, email campaigns, web banners and social media posts to reflecting seasonal changes and support catalog messaging. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in graphic design and have an interest working within the fashion industry. Candidate must be experienced with designing creatively while still maintaining the look and feel of a brand.
What you’ll do:
• Design concepts for homepages, landing pages, email campaigns, web banners, and social media posts. Concepts are created within InDesign but Photoshop experience is necessary for image manipulation and Illustrator experience is needed to create custom illustrations, logos and support graphic needs.
• Ideal candidate will have strong concept and design skills with a thorough understanding of layout, image selection, type and color. Knowledge or experience in the apparel or fashion industry is ideal.
• Designer will take direction from an ecommerce brand manager & merchandising team to understand the direction of a project. He/she will also work closely with the brand copywriter to conceptualize promotions and offers through final execution.
• Designer will review his/her designs and concepts with the Senior Web Supervisor to ensure a consistent brand voice and overall image. However, the ability to work independently and effectively is a must.
• The ability to take final concepts into production utilizing Photoshop & Dreamweaver to create HMTL final assets is a plus. Understanding of GIF files and their execution is also needed on occasion.
• Needs to have excellent verbal and written communication skills to write copy and edit when necessary.
• Must be comfortable presenting concepts in front of an entire brand team, advocate for the brand and be accepting of constructive critiques. Must understand the appropriate end goal and implement changes to creative as necessary.
• Prioritize workload and manage multiple projects efficiently to ensure all deadlines are met without sacrificing brand integrity.
• Extreme flexibility, ability to switch gears quickly and re-prioritize projects on the fly.
• Ability to take constructive criticism, and maintain a positive, can-do attitude with a
high level of dedication and collaborative spirit.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned based on business needs.
|Qualifications:||What you’ll need: |
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience designing and developing web pages
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
• Knowledge of Dreamweaver, HTML & Responsive Design is desired
• Able to work independently, as well as collaborate as a team player
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work precisely, accurately and quickly under deadline pressure
• Portfolio must be submitted with resume for consideration
|Comments:||All applicants can apply directly to www.Bluestem.com|
|Website:||visit our website...|